After the successful first edition of the Vazduharia Festival in 2011 in the Sopot, which managed to make more than 2000 people smile, to fly for the first time in their lives more than 300, to raise up in the air a whole flying band of musicians, to cause rain of falling candy and to transform flying costumes into carnival ones, this year again we invite you to gab wings, kites, paper planes and musical instruments, tents and sleeping bags, and to dash into free flight together from September 6th to 9th, 2012.
In order to show how accessibly and beautiful flying is
- to continue an annual tradition
- to give people a good reason to get out of the city and their fast daily life at least for a day
- to popularize Sopot as a destination of paragliding, sport and recreation
- to remember our childhood together with our children and to walk barefoot
- to show the coming generation the joy from playing in the open
- to learn to love, respect and protect the environment
- to really have fun
The unique festival gathers together unusual and free people, addicted to rediscovering (their) human limits in harmony with nature. They are united by their pursuit of air currents and love for the flight, for new limits and for the opportunity to enjoy with life with fellow human beings: discoverers, experimenters, or, as we call them – Flying People.
Everybody who comes with a carnival costume will have the chance to participate in the Carnival Flying and receive a 15% discount from the price of the tandem flight. In addition, there will be awards for the best costumes.
Accents from the Program
- carnival in the air – flights with paragliders in improvised colorful costumes
- bonbon-bombs throwing into a target from a tandem paraglider (with awards)
- acrobatic demonstrations with paraglider
- parachute demonstrations
- hot-air balloon rides
- budgie jumps from Club Adrenaline
- rope garden
- mountain bike route
- mountain board route
- slack line
- workshop for paper airplanes, origami, arts, modeling in clay
- discussions and presentations on paragliding, the mountain, alternative sports
- Nirvana Paramotors demonstrations and stall
- Music stage for live music
- Day DJ stage
The musicians and DJs who have thus far confirmed their participation in this year’s edition of the Festival are:
- Kayno Yesno Slonce
- Global Vision Circle
- DJ Dharba
- DJ Vas Quest
- DJ Ihou
Expect soon more information regarding the music program
This is the second annual edition of the event – on the first weekend of September, above the town of Sopot – the nest of most of the flying people in Bulgaria.
Get in touch with us if you want to join with a workshop, an event or another type of participation in the Festival.
The organizer of Vazduharia 2012 is paragliding club for the free flight, aka SKYCAMP paragliding ( www.sky-camp.com)
Official partners are the Sopot Municipality, Club Sky Nomad, Center for Extreme Sports and Meditation Shambala, Beglika Fest, Bike Area and Mountain Rescue Team, 360° Journal, Economedia