The organiser of Vazduharia 2013 /Sky Camp paragliding club/ has decided to change the location of the festival this year!
Vazduharia festival has flown from Sopot to the town of Kalofer /Panitsite area/!!!
Led by our vision of freedom, we are flying to new destinations and will land in the beautiful area called Panitsite right next to the town of Kalofer. With the support of the municipality of Karlovo and the kind support of the host municipality of Kalofer, the festival this year will take place on the meadows in the area Panitsite.
For third consecutive year the time from September 5th to 8th will be predominantly flyable – free and gentle with the only one of its kind festival of the free flight in the Balkans.Our aim is to introduce new spots suitable for an active and eco-friendly holiday to all of you. In the spirit of free flight, Vazduharia festival is not tied to a specific location and the idea of freedom caries it to new locations in beautiful Bulgaria.
For more information you can reach us at: +359 (0) 876931768
About the Panitsite area (festival location):
- Mobile phone coverage - you can only get reception by the VIVACOM mobile operator (there are areas where Mtel and Globul get reception but we have no info about it)
- It is cold here after sundusk!!! Make sure you bring warm clothes!
- With regard of the debree (garbage) we advise you to bring your own cutlery (plates, cups, etc.). There will be cutlery for sale and a food stand as well as a two bars where you will be able to purchase food and beverages as well as multy use forks, spoons, cups, sleeping mats, etc. at an affordable price.
- The drinking water supply in the area is restricted to a few springs so bring your own bottles. We will provide fresh water and you will also be able to buy drinking water from the bar at an affordable price.
- Two camp zones have been allocated for the duration of the festival - one is across the main stage and another behind it. Cottages and guest houses are also available at the festival location and in Kalofer (the town next to the fest location)
- Due to the dry weather in the last weeks, it is dangerous to build fires at your camp location. We are kindly asking you NOT to build your own fire in order to avoid forest fires!!! If you do, you will be sanctioned by the authorities!
- The festival area boarders with the national preserve Central Balkan, which is an area with restricted human intervention. You can learn more about the regulations of the national park at: http://visitcentralbalkan.net/
- The take off is located at the area of National Park Central Balkan. The road up to it goes through the preserve and due to that the vehicles going up to the take off will be restricted to the allocated special vehicles for the festival (10 off road 4x4 vehicles). The festival organisers have secured free passage for these vehicles through the preserve and all solo and tandem pilots must only use this transportation up to the take off. If you wish to go up to the take off, please coordinate this with the organisers!
Anti-gravity activities will provide entertainments of the following types:
- acro show and demonstrations by world-famous pilots;
- catapulting with Circus Cumbo ;
- carnival in the air – costumed flights with paragliders;
- bonbon bombs throwing competition from a paraglider into an aim, with awards;
- lifting of an air balloon;
- bundjie jumps from air balloon;
The earth gravity will attempt to hold the program during the four festival days more or less like this:
- evening ethno jam scene;
- open discussions about paragliding (aerodynamics, meteorology and piloting techniques), lead by the founders of one of the first gliding clubs in Bulgaria;
- story-telling about the mountain and alternative sports with Travelers’ club;
- art and graffiti zone;
- workshops for paper airplanes and origami;
- aero modeling;
- kites for children and grown ups;
- Bulgarian traditional sewing;
- art corner MMUUZZAA;
- the way of Kung-fu – demonstrations and open training
For the first time, for the duration of the Festival, a learning space will be established where you will have the chance to test paragliding harnesses, to lift a paraglider in the air and to make your first step up toward solo gliding.
For the entire time of the Festival we offer – Lots of flying, Mountain bike and mountain board road, Rope garden, Slackline, Child corner.
Vazduharia is the only one of its kind free festival for non-motor flying in the Balkans. The event takes place annually in the town of Sopot in partnership with the Sopot Municipality and is popular among professional and amateur paragliding pilots, fans of the non-motor flight, eco tourism and the being close to nature.
*Don’t forget to throw your garbage separately – paper in the blue bags, glass in the green ones, plastic and metal packaging in the yellow bags! Lets walk barefeet calmly on the grass and with smiling souls!Thank you for protecting Mother Nature!
Vazduharia is organized and realized by Sky-camp Paragliding Club with the assistance of an already established net of volunteers, supporters and partners.