September 3rd-6th, 2011
This summer of 2011 the town of Sopot plays an important passage role in the migration of birds with the first edition of the Free Flight Fest "Airheads" which will gather all birds, crazy chickens and Beglika penguins of their way South.
The days with the strongest thermals will be between September 3rd and 6th, when everyone who comes with a carnival costume will get the opportunity to join in the carnival flying and the throwing of water bombs from a paraglider into a target, receiving a 25% discount from the price of the tandem flight. All dressed up pilots with complete for awards from the stores Stenata and Ava Sport.
- Especially for our youngest participants, Tanya the White Stork will fly over from Poland on her way to Ethiopia and will tell endless stories about her journeys and adventures.
- The lovers of the extreme can enjoy an Acrobatic paraglider show. Airheads will greet the Sunday sunrise with the raising of balloon and a parachute demonstration.
- All mountain lovers, hikers and flyers, are welcome to attend the Seminar for Orientation and Survival in the Mountain, organized by Hristo Slivkov, director of Mountain Rescue Service of the town of Troyan.
- Discussions and presentations on safe glider flying and alternative sports will be lead by the founders of one of the first fly clubs in Bulgaria - Emil Kirilov and Nikolay Yotov.
- A fire show and performance on stilts will be given by Fireter - the Shade and Fire theater who opened one of the biggest festivals in the world this year, the one on Glastonbury!
- Film screenings, juggling and Origami workshop.
- Paper plane competition in two categories - one for best design of a paper airplane and one for longest flight of a paper airplane.
- Throughout the whole festival there will be a Child Corner, provided by Green Camp and Sharenoto, Rope Garden, Mountain Bike Track, Slacklines and a program of the Cumbo Circus.
- And let's not forget - every night star-watching with good music with Oratnitsa, Kayno Yesno Solnce, Daa Seed, Mr. Smiff from Cheap Trix, Surbahar, L.A.D, Acoustic Soul and more. Many DJs.... Visia & Video installlation from Vaseto and Bo.
The town of Sopot has already earned its place on the world map for light and engineless aviation. Each year Sopot hosts national and international competitions, included in the World Air Sports Federation (FAI) calendar. In 2008, Sopot hosted for the first time a Paragliding World Cup (PWC) competition. Hundreds of fans arrive to the town each year to take their first tandem flight from the South slopes of the mountain of Stara Planina and feel the freedom of the birds!
Media partners of the event are the newspaper Dnevnik, 360° and Bella Journal.
Airheads 2011's official partners are the Municipality of Sopot, SkyNomad Club, Shterev Hotels, Elf Bookstore, Shambala Center for Extreme Sports and Meditation, Adreneline Club, Beglika Fest, BIKEAREA, Green camp, CO Sports, True Riders, JAF Bulgaria, Stenata, Ava Sport, My Organic Market, Fireter, Magicland, Jim Beam and Ekopack Bulgaria.
Our friends from Magicland Carnival House will give a 50% discount to everyone who calls and says the key work "Airheads". Magicaland has over 700 unique carnival costumes, so if you already have an idea about the personage or the forest fairy you want to personify, hurry and reserve your costume at www.magicland.bg. Rent for costumes is paid for one day only and you can flare your costume for the entire duration of the Festival.
Admission for Airheads 2011: Draw your bird on your left hand!
* Please don't forget to throw your garbage separately - paper in the blue bags, glass in green, plastic and metal in the yellow ones! Let us walk barefoot safely and with a smiling soul! Thank you for protecting Mother Nature.